On April 2nd, 2022, Mary took home a "Platinum Career Award" at Grammy Week Houston! Diverse and powerful in five distinct genres: R&B/Soul, Gospel, Disco, Jazz, Pop/Techno/Dance, Ms. Griffin is a force to be reckoned with, as she books out 2022 and into 2023.
Sounds like Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin with the stage energy of Tina Turner!
- Grammy Week Houston "Platinum Career" Award April 2nd, 2022 - 21 Platinum Records
- Opened for: Etta James; Nancy Wilson; Mary J Blige tour; Temptations; ; Anita Baker; Phyllis Hyman; Al Jarreau; Kool and the Gang; Nancy Sinatra; Frankie Beverly; Millie Jackson; Jennifer Holliday
- Recorded with: Frankie Valli; Benny Mardones; George Clinton; Curb Records; Horn Dogz; KC & Sunshine Band - Recording studios in London, Paris, Amsterdam, New York, Toronto, Houston, Los Angeles
- Movie Performance; Played Amii Stewart in "Studio 54"
- Performed at Wayne Gretzky's retirement party 1999
- Performed at Oprah Winfrey's birthday bash
- Managed by: C&W Label Curb Records; Mike Curb (10 yrs); Barry Manilow & Stiletto Mgmt (5 yrs);
- Toured globally with: Patti LaBelle (13 yrs); George Clinton featured artist (7 yrs);
- Featured entertainment on Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage Caribbean Cruise multiple years in a row;
- Performed a tribute to Aretha Franklin opening the Aretha Franklin Amphitheater in Detroit June 2019
- Launched her recording label Mahogany Entertainment LLC in 2013 and has released 3 albums to date with more coming in 2022!
- Fan base in Houston, Atlanta, New York, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Osaka, & Sydney
Mary Griffin is an accomplished singer songwriter with numerous accomplishments over her 30 year professional career including: a prior Grammy nomination, multiple platinum records, and movie sound tracks to name a few. She started singing before grade school with her three sisters and father, who was a traveling Preacher, in central Louisiana. She attended Grambling State University and earned a BA and continued on to earn a Master's Degree in Performing Arts. She was signed to Curb Records C&W label for 10 years and sang many hit songs.
Mary Griffin displays the vocal prowess, attitude and range of a true ingénue. (Billboard Magazine) With a powerfully unique voice and a definitive sound, Mary Griffin consistently delivers soul stirring performances that captivate audiences around the world. Using her past as a spring board, Mary channels memories into melodies that are proud and strong. Her rich melodic sound and exciting performance style are rooted in the story of a pastor’s daughter with a passion for singing good music. With Curb Records, Mary began singing for Movie soundtracks and was even featured in the movie Studio 54 where she portrayed the artist Amii Stewart and sang “Knock on Wood” for the soundtrack. She performed “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” with Frankie Valli for the closing credits of Conspiracy Theory. Mary also sang “I Wanna Get Back With You” for the movie Driven starring Burt Reynolds. Other notable movies that feature Mary’s voice include: a duet with Benny Mardones, Coyote Ugly and Ballistic X vs Sever where she sang the end credit song “Anytime”.
After returning from Europe promoting and shooting the video for “Ain’t No Living Without You” by Louis Biancaniello and Sam Waters from Color Me Bad, she was privileged to have one of her songs selected by Celine Dion. “I Surrender” was an instant success with Celine, and further drove Mary’s writing and singing out front with her recording of the song on her album “Purified”, released in 2002. In August 2011 Mary recorded the theme song “Speed“ with producer Stephen Emmer, along with 2 other songs for the Stage Entertainment show “Holiday on Ice“. Mary recently wrote “City of Love” for “The Horn Dogz” of Paris, and covered Aretha Franklin’s “Rock Steady” and performed in a video for the project.
For 13 years, subsequent to leaving Curb, she performed and toured globally with Patti LaBelle, and simultaneously over 7 years, with George Clinton and his PFunk band. Ms. Griffin finished her last engagement with Patti LaBelle in October of 2015, which cleared her slate to form her own recording label and re-launch her solo career.
Mary has a number of recording projects in the works to follow those she previously released: her first Gospel album titled "For Such A Time as This" on September 11, 2016 a Christmas album in December, 2017, and "Rebuild", an R&B/Soul Album released August 29th, 2018.